Friday, May 25, 2012

A day in the life with 2!

I know, I know... I haven't posted in ages. We've been a little busy around here since Peter joined our family in February. Blogging is not a priority for me and I make no promises about the next time I might post. But I thought I would update everyone on what life is like for the Schulers these days!

6:30 or 7 - Peter starts to stir, so I quickly hop in the shower before getting him. Then I feed him and get him dressed.

7:30 - Mabel gets up for the day and we get her dressed and have breakfast.

8:30 - Playtime or errands... Target, Meijer, or the library!

9 - Peter usually takes a cat nap around now. Just 20 minutes or so, which usually happens in the car seat if we are out and about.

10:30 - Snack time! Peter eats again and Mabel has a snack. She usually has raisins or puffs or animal crackers in a snack cup as I sit with Peter.

11- More play time with Mabel and another short nap for Peter. Sometimes we go for a walk and Peter naps while Mabel and I check out the neighborhood.

Noon - Lunchtime! Peter kicks around in his bouncy seat while Mabel and I have lunch and Oscar cleans up the crumbs on the floor :)

1:00 - Mabel goes down for her nap and Peter eats again. On a good day, Mabel will sleep for about an hour and a half. Sometimes longer, if I'm lucky!

2:30 - Mabel usually gets up just as Peter is going down for a long afternoon nap, usually 2 hours or so. If I'm really lucky, their naps will overlap for about 30 minutes and then I can catch up on email or dishes or laundry. Mabel and I play (sometimes inside, sometimes outside) while Peter sleeps.

4:30 or 5 - Peter eats again as we anxiously await Toby's return from work!

5:30 - Peter is happy to watch the rest of us eat dinner. After dinner we play some more or go for a walk or do baths.

7:15 - Mabel has some milk, we read books, and she goes to bed. She's been having a hard time falling asleep lately because it stays light until 9pm. Even the room-darkening blinds don't help. Sometimes she talks in her crib for more than an hour before falling asleep. Once Mabel is in bed we change Peter for the night and feed him.

8:30 - Peter is swaddled up and sleeping and Toby and I (and Oscar!) finally get some quiet time. Peter is a rock-star sleeper and we don't hear a peep from him until morning!


And, of course, a good post always has pictures!


1 comments:

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Welcome back! I hope you have more time to blog this summer.